Introduction to HTET
HTET, also known as ‘Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test’ are conducted by Haryana Board of School Education HBSE or any concerned board directed by the Government of Haryana every year. The prime motto behind HTET is to bring the variety in Education and to select the teachers on the basis of Eligibility and appoint them in various primary and secondary schools in Haryana. Once qualified, the validity remains active for five years from passing.
HTET is a compulsory exam for all the B.Ed and D.Ed/JBT qualified candidates if they want to get recruited in government schools or Private Schools. The qualified teachers can be posted in various lower primary i.e. form class 1 to class 5 or upper primary i.e. class 6 to class 8 classes.
If the candidate is only interested for teaching lower primary classes then she or he has to only appear for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test I and if she or he wants to teach secondary classes then can opt for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test II. In this way, candidate is free to opt as per his/her interest and qualification.
Eligibility for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test
According to National Council for Teachers of English (NCTE), candidate appearing for the Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test should have the following qualifications:
For lower primary (Class I to Class V): Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test I
- Should have obtained 45 percent aggregate marks in senior secondary exams.
- Candidates appearing for final year of either of the courses are also eligible:
- Two year diploma course in elementary education
- Four year Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Two year diploma in special education
- Candidates with minimum 50 percent marks in BA or BSc and having a degree of B.Ed are also eligible for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test I.
For upper primary (Class VI to Class VIII): Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test II
Applicants having B.A. or B.Sc and those appearing in final 2 year D.Ed. / B.A. /B.Sc. with at least 45 percent marks and passed / appearing in B.Ed / Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) / 4-year BA/ B.Sc.Ed. or B.A. (Ed.)/B.Sc. (Ed.) / B.Ed. (Special Education) with 50 percent in BA or B.Sc are eligible for HTET part II.
Examination Pattern for Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test
Part one examination is of one and a half hours and consist of 150 MCQs. Each MCQ is of one mark each. The topics covered in this exam are:
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Language I
- Language II
- Environmental Studies
Each subject has 30 MCQs of 30 marks each making it a total of 150 marks.
Part two examination is also of one and a half hours and 150 marks but the subjects are bit different and are as follows.
- Child Development and Pedagogy (30 MCQs of 30 marks)
- Language I (30 MCQs of 30 marks)
- Language II (30 MCQs of 30 marks)
- Maths and Science for teachers of these subjects or Social Science for the teachers of social science. (60 MCQs of 60 marks)
First three subjects are compulsory while fourth subject varies as per the candidate’s qualification.
Qualifying Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test doesn’t confirm you a seat in government run schools. Candidates need to satisfy all the eligibility requirements layed down by the Haryana Government